Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha - Wednesday July 14, 2010

Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha, pray for us!!

Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha - Saints & Angels - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online

Philippians 3:7-10
Whatever gains I had, these I have come to consider a loss because of Christ. More than that, I even consider everything as a loss because of the supreme good of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have accepted the loss of all things and I consider them so much rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having any righteousness of my own based on the law but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God, depending on faith to know him and the power of his resurrection and (the) sharing of his sufferings by being conformed to his death.

Taken from Theology and Sanity by Frank Sheed, pg 132
"Because we are made by God of nothing, then we cannot continue in existence unless God continuously holds us in existence. There is an emptiness at the very center of the being of all created things, which only God can fill; not an emptiness merely in the sense that it cannot be happy without God; but in the sense that it cannot be at all without Him."

(pg 133)
"Take God away and the universe ceases."

No comments: