Sunday, August 8, 2010

19th Sunday in Ordinary Time and St. Dominic

St. Dominic - Saints & Angels - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online

Sunday, August 08, 2010


Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

First Reading: Wisdom 18:6-9


Psalm: Psalm 33:1, 12, 18-22


Second Reading: Hebrews 11:1-2, 8-19 or 11:1-2, 8-12


Gospel: Luke 12:32-48 or 12:35-40


Behold this Heart which has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming itself, in order to testify its love. In return, I receive from the greater part only ingratitude, by their irreverence and sacrileges, and by the coldness and contempt they have for me in this Sacrament of love... I come into the heart I have given you in order that through your fervor you may atone for the offenses which I have received from lukewarm and slothful hearts that dishonor me in the Blessed Sacrament.

-- Third apparition of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

No comments: