Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday, June 4, 2010

Life seems like a spring fed pool and I am trying to empty it with a spoon. Do you think I'll get it all done before I die??

Last week I cleaned one corner of my living room. That's right - one corner - and it took me two days. Of course, I did take some time off to watch a good movie and play the par-3. And it did feel good to have that corner cleaned of accumulated files, pictures and bills. But they are now beginning to accumulate again so it seems like a never ending battle.

And the cleaning continues at work as well. I am in the process of moving from one cubicle to another and from one job to another. Little by little I am going through files and shredding and discarding what I don't need any more, but also dealing with the many interruptions that fill my day as my job is first and foremost to serve the students. I have less than four weeks to complete this and I really could use more than that - maybe a year!?

Life is like that thought and I deal well with all that it hands me because God is first in my life. He has the bigger picture and he gives me the grace I need to plow ahead and know that whatever gets done in this one day is all that needs to get done and there will always be a tomorrow of one kind or another.

God bless!!

No comments: