Wednesday, June 23, 2010

St. Joseph Cafasso - Wednesday June 23, 2010

St. Joseph Cafasso, pray for us!!

St. Joseph Cafasso - Saints & Angels - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online

(Taken from the June Magnificat, pg 301, from the writings of Father Stephen Dubuisson, S.J. (died 1864)
Recollection is what I most particularly want, now more than ever. A great many of my imperfections proceed from this, that I suffer too easily my mind to be tossed to and fro by unseasonable solicitude or reflections. Besides this virtue of recollection, which is nothing but a continual sense of the presence of God, is the best, a necessary, and most natural preparation to prayer; if I am recollected, I shall be a man of prayer, and if I am a man of prayer, I shall obtain numerous favors from the Almighty.

God bless!!

No comments: